UPDATED: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 9:54am
WACO -- Three local firefighters are injured trying to put out a house fire in Waco and now that fire is under investigation.
Just before 4 p.m. Sunday, smoke started pouring out of a home on the 4200 block of Orchard Lane.
One fireman got 2nd-degree burns on his hands and two others were shocked when electricity traveled through a ladder they were climbing.
That fire came during a fire advisory issued for Central Texas over the weekend and the Waco Fire Department asks all residents to continue to be careful the next few days.
"People have the feeling that it's not nearly as dangerous. That's the same like if we--it starts to rain, everybody says 'well now I can go outside and burn my trash,' well the vegetation is still dry. So we get into a little false sensation that it's a lot safer to burn or to be a little less on our toes, and it's, that's not the case," said Jeff Wilhelm, a fire prevention specialist.
The fire department said as long as there are high winds and a low humidity point there is always a strong risk for fires.