Breaking News

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 12:43pm

Mobile Home fire causes a total loss

POSTED: Monday, April 4, 2011 - 4:21pm
UPDATED: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 9:54am

A mobile home, near Belton, caught fire Monday afternoon. The home was destroyed, but thankfully, the owner escaped.

Fire officials tell us the owner, Samuel Curry, used a chop saw yesterday, to work on the roof. They believe that caused smoldering embers to start the fire.

Because of Monday's high winds, the fire spread quickly, and the home completely engulfed in flames by the time fire departments arrived.

Curry says he is trying to focus on the positives. He says, "I have one more trailer back there. Thank God the wind wasn't blowing the other way, or else it would have got it. I guess I'm lucky on that."

A friend of Curry's says she's just thankful he got out safely, and was able to save all his dogs.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment