WACO -- Firefighters now know how a fire started sent a woman and firefighter to the hospital.
This less than 24 hours after a woman narrowly escaped her burning home.
Both Dana Flores and the firefighter are out of the hospital today after the flames destroyed the woman's home.
"It's devastating. Everything's gone," cried Flores.
Fire officials say an overloaded electrical circuit is to blame.
Fire officials say flames were breathing out the front door when crews arrived.
"The lady of the house was still there. They attempted to make entry through the front door but couldn't. They went around to the back door, and they located her," said Fire Specialist Jeff Wilhelm.
Flores barely got out of the home just before fire fighters showed up.
Flores was asleep in the bedroom here when she woke up to sounds of alarms. That's when she ran through the flames to escape the burning home.
Crews then went in the house to fight the flames. Temperatures became so hot everything in the house ignited at the same time in a flash, burning a fireman's hands, and leaving Flores' belongings destroyed.
"Material things don't matter so it's okay. It's just hard looking at it because we had done so much work to it, but at least we have somewhere to go," said Flores.
Flores and the fire fighter are now recovering.
Officials have not released the name of the fireman.