UPDATED: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 10:08pm
Hallsburg, TX — A Hallsburg mobile home went up in flames Monday night and now the resident is wandering what’s next for him.
At 10:30 P.M., a grease fire ignited and spread fast throught the trailer home at 369 Dogwood Lane in Hallsburg, which is just northeast of Bellmead.
The owner had left the fryer boiling on the stove.
He told us fire crews showed up before he could acutally get through to 9-1-1 dispatchers, who he tried calling three times.
Volunteer fire fighters from Hallsburg, Mart and nearby Riesel extinguished the fire but not before flames destroyed much of the man’s belongings.
Friends are currently trying to assist him with a temporary living situation.