Baylor students evacuate building
UPDATED: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 9:52am
WACO — Hundreds of students evacuated from a Baylor University science building about 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Baylor spokeswoman Lori Fogleman says a student dropped a vial of toxic cyanide and it cracked on a bench. She says less than a millimeter of the liquid escaped.
Fogleman says a professor was in the lab at the time of the accident and the student followed the correct procedures of a chemical emergency.
No injuries were reported.
A hazardous material crew cleaned the spill and the building was reopened a short time before 6 p.m.