Bryan fire destorys family home

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 2:23pm

BRYAN -- A family of six is lucky to be alive tonight after a fire Sunday afternoon destroyed their Bryan home.

The fire started just before two at a home off Ravenwood Drive.

We're told four people were home at the time but quickly escaped after hearing a loud explosion in the garage.

Neighbors tried using extinguishers on the flames but the fire was too much to handle.

When firefighters arrived they tried entering the home but had to back out because the conditions were unsafe.

Homeowner, Wesley Mize, is devastated by their loss but says he's just glad his family made it out safely.

"I mean it's horrible looking but friends and family can't be replaced and so, you know that's the main thing, everyone got out safe so that was my main concern."

The fire is still under investigation but early indicators point to a possible faulty water heater as the cause for the blaze.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment