Dog saves family from burning home

CNN
Friday, September 27, 2013 - 9:08am

Dallas, TX (KDAF) -- They say a dog is a man's best friend. Mommy's relationship with her owners is a textbook example of that statement.
What would you do for your best friends? Mommy saved their lives. At least, that's what her owners say.

Around 2:30 am Thursday, Dallas firefighters responded to a fire in the 1500 block of Caldwell avenue. The fire broke out near an electrical box on the front of the home, while Grabrela Olalde and her husband, Gubaldo Huerte, were asleep inside.

"I'm so confused. I'm so nervous," Olalde told reporters, shortly after the fire.

The couple say their five-year-old dog, Mommy, saved their lives.

"She was barking and barking, and I told him, 'Hey, something is happening outside. Go, please.' He just got up to go and see, but it wasn't nothing. Again, she was out barking, and he smelled smoke. I say, 'Something's happened. The house is on fire!'" said Olalde.

As Olalde nuzzled with Mommy outside her burning home, visibly shaken, she still had a big smile on her face.

"She's my angel, my baby, my mom. Everything," said Olalde, of Mommy.

The fire destroyed much of their living room and bedroom. However, Olalde knows, everything else can be replaced. She still has her family. All two and a half of them.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mommy," said Olalde.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment