House fires are more common during the holiday season than any other time of year. Fire marshals attribute this problem to improper use of heaters during the colder season, and simple holiday decorations being misused.
An elderly woman from Downsville, was reportedly sleeping, when her house in caught on fire early Sunday afternoon.
The smoke and flames caught the attention of two local citizens who were driving down the street.
Central Texas shoppers take their Black Friday extravaganza to the next level.
Stores around the area were packed through the night, with shoppers ready to start their early morning race to the best deals.