UPDATED: Monday, June 30, 2014 - 12:27pm
TxDOT announced Monday morning new improvements to be implemented soon for TxTag customers.
According to the system's website, the new services will offer simpler account maintenance, streamlined billing and decreased customer wait times. The upgrades will include:
- All account charges - tolls, administrative fees and violation fees - will be in one, redesigned monthly billing statement.
- Upgraded website will offer live chat support and ability to initiate service requests online.
- New mobile website to manage your account on the go.
- Alerts available via text message.
- Simplified login to your online account.
- New automated phone system for making payments, updating account information and checking account balance and recent tolls.
- More options for AutoPay accounts.
- No reactivation fee for TxTag accounts that have fallen to a negative balance.
The system changes will temporarly close the customer service center from July 4 to July 8, including call center, walk-up counter service, online account services and payment processing.
Contact information for the TxTag Customer Service Center and for mail-in payments will remain the same when the new system is in place. Most account activity and payments can be handled online at TxTag.org, and customers will be able to access the new automated phone system at the current 1-888-468-9824 at any time. Customer service representatives will be available to take calls at that same number from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.