Vietnam vet home destroyed in possible arson case

Monday, June 4, 2012 - 3:33pm

CHINA SPRING -- A disabled Vietnam veteran is safe tonight after escaping his home engulfed in flames, with just his dog and the clothes on his back.

It happened in China Spring on County Road 3585 around 6 this morning when the home owner, William Curlett was woken up by his dog barking and then his neighbor banging on the door.

But when he tried to make it out the garage was already destroyed and 30-foot flames were engulfing the side of the house.

"The house is 100 percent gone. Lot of good memories, all burned up," Curlett said.

Curlett is also medication dependent but it was all destroyed in the fire.

There are three horses on the property and their feed was burned as well.

The fire is now being investigated as possible arson.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment