UPDATED: Friday, June 6, 2014 - 7:46am
West victims have received an overwhelming amount of donations, with the tremendous response of everyone. Currently monetary and blood donations would be of the greatest help. The locations below are still accepting donations.
To check on Loved Ones
Missing persons hotline number to call is 254-826-4115
• To check on injured residents admitted to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center call (254) 202-1100
• For family inquiries about patients at Scott & White Hospital call (888) 394-4947
• For family inquiries about patients at Providence Health Center (254) 761-7200
• Allen Samuels Fiat is offering rides to anyone wanting to donate blood. They will also pick up and deliver people and supplies. They can be reached at 254-772-1000.
• Carter Blood Care Waco
• The Scott & White Blood Donation center
• People in College Station can donate to the Aggie Outfitters or donate blood at the Brazos Valley Blood Center from until 6 p.m. Blood donors must go to 1701 Rock Prairie Road.
• Carter Blood Care in Dallas will be taking blood donations for those in the DFW area. They are located at 4849 West Illinois Ave.
• Heart of Texas Red Cross has a shelter at Latham Springs Camp in Aquilla.
• Blair's Cove Apartments are offering housing to those who need it. 254-447-0810.
• Aquilla ISD is opening its facilities. Please report to the gym entrance.
• All the schools at Gholson ISD have been opened to be used as shelters
• First Baptist Church of Gholson is open for survivors.
• Sykora Family Ford in West opening their doors for families affected. 254-826-5314. They are located at 519 S. George Kacir Dr.
• Church of the Open Door will be opened for survivors. They are located off exit 339 in Bellmead.
• Penelope High School has been opened for survivors.
• Central United Methodist Church has opened a shelter at 5740 Bagby Ave in Waco.
• Antioch church in Waco has opened their facility for those who are displaced.
• The Best Western Czech Inn is open for those who need shelter.
• Calvary Chapel in Waco is offering shelter space. They are located at 400 S. 4th Street. 254-424-1059
• Wellington Place (Elderly) 1802 South 31st St Temple 76504 254-778-4231
• The Crestview Church of Christ building 7129 Delhi Waco, Texas 76712 will be available to families who have been displaced due to the tragedy in West. We can provide a place to sleep in our building for three nights, Friday through Sunday. This might be especially helpful to those whose family members are hospitalized in Providence/Hillcrest due to injury. Contact Jack Whiddon- 254.640.0848
• Once DPS gives all clear, animal control will roundup and take animals to the staging area at the Marable exit in West. Animal will be taken to St Francis Catholic Church to be transported to the Humane Society of Central Texas (Formerly the Waco Humane Society) 2032 Circle Rd. * Waco, TX 76706 * 254-754-1454
• Turner's in downtown Waco is taking survivors with pets. They are located at 721 Austin Ave. Contact Shane Turner at 254-644-7904.
• Ben's Boat Repair in Elm Mott has space available for pets and a few people, 435 S. McLennan Loop, 254-716-9593
• La Vega Veterinary Clinic- taking in small animals
• South Bosque Veterinary Clinic - taking in animals
• Donations for dog food, cat food, blankets, pet carriers you can drop at Animal Hospital of Waco 2501 La Salle Ave Waco, TX 76706 254-753-0108 ask for Shannon or Jenny
• The Extraco Events Center will be setting up to take donations starting at 9:00 am. For information call 254-776-1660
• Both Peas & Tots and Smarty Pants consignment stores in Waco are accepting clothing donations in all sizes for those in West
• Axtell High School will be taking any kind of donations at the school. The PALS organization is taking all donations and will be accepting tomorrow and Friday during school
• Veterans of Foreign Wars in Hewitt - 725 Sun Valley Blvd.
• ESPN 1660 AM is taking donations at their Bagby Ave. location
• The Temple Dynaclean on 2102 West Avenue D will accept donations starting at 8 a.m.
• Berthas Bakery & Restaurant will be accepting donations at 7 a.m. They are located at 2418 Grim Ave in Waco. You can contact them at 254-755-7123
• Lil Monkey Boutique will be accepting donations. They are located at 2052 Valley Mills Dr. You can contact them at 254-717-7717.
• Lone Star Tavern and Steakhouse at 4713 Bellmead Dr. in Waco will be accepting gift card donations and bottle water donations starting at 8 a.m.
• T & M Contracting in Woodway is taking donations at 123 Topeka Dr. You can contact them at 254-224-6161.
• Smarty Pants in Waco will be accepting clothing donations at 8 a.m. They are located at 5301 Bosque Blvd. You can contact them at 254-751-0211.
• Connor Health Foods will be accepting donations. They are located on Waco Dr. and 27th Street.
• Canyon Springs is accepting all donations. They are located at 2301 Woodgate in Waco. You can contact them at 254-235-0602.
• Smith Quality Motors will be accepting donations. They are located at 431 North Lacy Dr. in Lacy Lakeview. You can contact Seth Posey at 254-297-9413.
• Richard Karr Motors in Waco is accepting all kinds of donations at 8 a.m. They are located at 1101 North Valley Mills. You can contact them at 254-776-1111
• Bosque County residents can bring food, drinks, toiletries, and baby care items to the Clifton Civic Center starting at 7 a.m. The center is located at 403 W. 3rd Street.
• Parkview Christian Childcare Center on 1100 E. Lakeshore Dr. is taking donations. They can be contacted at 254-753-0327.
• Belton fire station #2 is taking donations from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. They will take food, water, and clothing. They are located at 420 Sparta Rd. in Belton.
• Daddy T Shirt Shop is accepting donations in McGregor starting Thursday morning.
• Farmers Insurance in Waco will be taking donations at 8 a.m. They are located at 1838 N. Valley Mills Dr
• New Beginning Christian Fellowship 6328 N Gholson Road in Chalk Bluff
• Calvary Chapel 400 S 4th and Webster 254-297-7802
• Point West Bank - P.O. Box 279 West, TX. 76691
• Jackson Hewitt Tax Service in Temple
• Victorious Life Church 7459 I35 Waco, Texas 76706
• Brothers Management Company 400 LaSalle Ave Waco, Texas 254-753-5355
• Texas State Technical College in Waco
• Mattress Firm in Waco
• Gholson Baptist Church 228 Wildcat Cir Waco, Texas 254-829-2321
• Alliance Auto Action 15735 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd Elm Mott, TX 76640 254-829-0123
• Pura Vida Salon 708 Austin Ave Waco, TX 76701 254-741-9393
• McCoys 4236 Franklin Ave Waco Texas 76710 Shane Phillips 254-772-7826 Taking donations and has a deposit account set up to take monetary donations to help rebuild.
• Point West Bank taking donations lobbies will be Saturday to accept donations. Monetary donations PO Box 279 West 76691 Attention Victims of West Explosion
• Toledo Finance 1412 N. Valley Mills Dr STE 124 Waco, Texas 76710 254-756-7294
• Franklin Bingo - 3406 Franklin will be accepting canned goods all weekend long
• Cen-Tex Hispanic Chamber of Commerce 915 La Salle Ave.
• American Classifieds 3901 W. Waco Drive
• Heights Landscape and Garden Center 1901 east fm 3410 Harker Heights, Texas 76548 Also will give 15% off “nursery center” items to people that donate items to the West relief.
• Texas Partners Creates Account for West, TX Relief
Killeen, TX- Donations will be accepted at all branch locations: 2445 N. Main Street in Belton, 809 S. Main Street in Copperas Cove, 1011 Wales Drive in Killeen, and 6935 W. Adams Avenue in Temple.
To mail a donation: Attn: West, TX Relief Fund, 1011 Wales Drive, Killeen, Texas 76549.
Along with cash donations, the credit union is accepting non-perishable food contributions and is selling World’s Finest Chocolate to benefit the relief efforts.
Questions may be directed to Shelley Carlson at (254) 526-3081.
• Texas, Cleo Bay Honda will be collecting donations through 6 p.m. on Saturday 3907 E. Central Texas Expressway in Killeen, will serve as a donation drop center. All donations collected will be given to the American Red Cross and to other aid organizations for distribution to the people affected by the fertilizer plant explosion.
No donation is too small, and anything can help. Items needed include: water; Gatorade, or other electrolyte-based drinks; non-perishable food items; toothbrushes; toothpaste; toilet paper; soap; shampoo; deodorant; new undergarments; gift cards for Wal-Mart or local grocery stores; and clothing for all age groups, in good condition, new or gently used.
For more information, please visit www.CleoBayHonda.com  or call 1-888-641-3370.
• Conn's will be collecting aid at its Waco store at 230 North New Road for residents of West, Texas impacted by the recent disaster. Personnel and trucks will be on-site beginning today at 3 p.m. through Sunday at 4 p.m., collecting unused items, including personal hygiene items and toiletries, phone chargers, pillows, baby care items, pet supplies, school supplies, non-perishable food items and bottled water. Donations will be delivered to the town of West Sunday evening. Contact our store at (254-399-0034) with any questions.
Location in the DFW area to bring items to West
• Best Marketing Systems in Desoto, TX will be accepting donations to take to West. 255 N. Interstate 35E 800.843.7253 call for directions or information (travelling south on 35, located between Pleasant Run and Belt Line exits, next door to Sprint & directly across the highway from the Lancaster Wal-Mart) First Donations Drive accepted Thursday (4/18) and Friday (4/19) until 5pm, Saturday: Noon - 5pm - taking all items to West on Sunday.
Second Donations Drive beginning next week Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm to be taken to West next Saturday as well.
• Temple College Associate Degree Nursing Program has a donation center set up at the Belton Wal-Mart from 5 pm-midnight, they will be bringing the items to West tomorrow morning.
• Company is Clutter Cutters 254-466-8813 Volunteering Services
• The Home Depot in Bellmead for anyone needing to buy supplies.
• Pharmacy at HEB store on Woodway is open
Not sure what to donate
Items include: Toiletries, hygiene products, Bottled Water,
Baby Items (diapers, wipes, baby food),
Canned Food / Dry Food, Can Openers,
Blankets, Jackets, socks additional clothing and or shoes
First Aid Kits - or individually packaged items (Band-Aids, sanitizer wipes, alcohol swabs, q-tips, gauze, wound care ointment, etc.)
Personal care packages for First Responders & those continuing to service the community would go a long way also:
Hygiene products, gloves (both work & sanitary), dust masks, sun screen, new socks, sport drink mix, wipes and hand sanitizer. Snacks such as beef jerky are often requested as well.