UPDATED: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 4:02pm
COLLEGE STATION -- Investigators believe bad weather may have sparked a house fire Sunday afternoon in College Station.
Fire fighters were called to the home in the 8700 block of Bent Tree Drive just after 12:15.
When they arrived, flames were shooting out of the house but luckily the homeowner wasn't there at the time of the fire.
The blaze caused extensive damage inside.
Investigators say the fire doesn't look suspicious and that lightning may be to blame.